Well, unfortunately, this is pretty much what is going on in the community of neurosurgeons and hospitals. Blackballing is the word. Or call it bullying if you like. Dr. Shahinian has stepped outside of the medical box and performed a surgery unlike any other for the past two decades, but time and again others have tried to pull him back down off the ladder of medical innovation, and into the bucket of uniformity. The crabs and monkeys are clawing for him, and sadly, the patients are the ones suffering. Remember in history when the normal practice was to drain ill patients' blood with leeches? Or when surgeons didn't wash their hands? Those who tried to change these widespread habits were ostracized, persecuted, and attacked for their "crazy" ideas.
Here's how you can help! THANK YOU!!!!
1. LIKE the SUPPORT SHAHINIAN Facebook Page
2. SIGN the Change.org PETITION
3. SHARE both the Facebook Page & Petition with your friends
4. PRINT, SIGN & MAIL a copy of the CONSUMER DEMAND FOR INVESTIGATION
5. WRITE a personal letter & MAIL it with the Consumer Demand for Investigation
6. CONTACT all media outlets you know of so they can share this story and make a plea for help. We need to increase awareness about Dr. Shahinian's life-saving fully-endoscopic skull base surgery and demand for an investigation of those who are trying to stop him.
Thank you for your prayers and help! I have complete peace, knowing God will make a way! A dear friend reminded me this week of the story in God's Word in Exodus when the Israelites were freed from their slavery in Egypt, but then found themselves at the Red Sea. Pharaoh's army was pressing in behind them and they had nowhere to go, with only moments left waiting for their miracle. They couldn't go back, they couldn't move forward. "But Moses told the people, 'Don't be afraid. Just stand sill and watch the LORD rescue you today...The LORD himself will fight for you. Just stay calm.'" (Exodus 14:13-14) As I stand between a rock and hard place, between this seemingly Red Sea and Pharaoh's army, I choose to stand still and watch the LORD make a way. Isaiah 30:15 challenges us, "This is what the Sovereign LORD, the Holy One of Israel, says: 'Only in returning to Me and resting in Me will you be saved. In quietness and confidence is your strength...'"