Follow Blog Via Email

follow Caitlin Jane's blog via email!

Thursday, January 29, 2015

#CaitlinJaneBrain New Surgery Date!



Dearest Friends,

What a winter it has been thus far...graced with beauty and hope, waiting and great expectation.  I received some very good news I want to share with everyone....! My surgeon, Dr. Hrayr Shahinian from the Skull Base Institute, has found a new hospital out of which to operate!  I thank God!  He begins operations early February, and my surgery date is February 19th!  The plans are set!  I'm in "pre-op" mode right now, getting a whole bunch of medical testing done, and mostly just trying to stay healthy before the big day!  You have all journeyed with me for so many months...  By the time surgery is here, it will be 8 months since my diagnosis- wow, so very much has happened in those 8 months!  This journey has been filled with frustration and joy, with upsets and miracles--just how the journey of life always is, with our Father in Heaven weaving His perfect plan all along the way.  I have so much for which to be grateful.  God is always good.  And, I am grateful to YOU.  It is you, dear friends, who have written me notes, emails, and messages.  It is you who have prayed for me from afar and near. It is you who have pointed me back time and again to the power and love of God.

Here is an amazing passage of promise from the prophet Isaiah (Chapter 45, verses 2-6)

"I will go before you and level the mountains [to make the crooked places straight];
I will break in pieces the doors of bronze and cut asunder the bars of iron.
And I will give you the treasures of darkness and hidden riches of secret places,
that you may know that it is I, the Lord, the God of Israel, Who calls you by your name...
I am the Lord, and there is no one else; there is no God besides Me.
I will gird and arm you, though you have not known Me,
That men may know from the east and the rising of the sun
and from the west and the setting of the sun
that there is no God besides Me.
I am the Lord and no one else [is He]."

When I read these words, I am struck by the power of GodI am reminded that no one else is as holy or great as the Lord.  He alone can take the paths ahead of us which are crooked and mountainous, and make them straight and level before our feet.  He alone can bring treasures out of the darkness and riches out of the unknown.  He alone calls us by name; even before we were born, He formed us in our mother's womb.  Every day of our lives He has numbered and purposed and protected.  He alone is worthy to be worshipped.  He strengthens us and arms us for the battle ahead.

As I wait here on the east coast, I will praise God in the rising of the sun.
And as I travel to the west coast for surgery, I will praise God in the setting of the sun.  I look forward to seeing His glory on display as I visit the California coast.  I know He will pour into me peace before the big day!   I wait on Him and trust in His everlasting love and care.  There is none besides our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ!

Here is a quick video update & some specifics to be praying about :)
*to stay healthy before surgery
*for my upcoming MRI results to be good on February 2nd
*for protection of every cranial nerve surrounding the tumor- specifically the 6th (eye movement), 7th (facial movement), 8th (hearing & balance), 9th & 10th (vocal chords & swallowing) nerves
*for protection of the critical artery by the tumor