Follow Blog Via Email

follow Caitlin Jane's blog via email!

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

#CaitlinJaneBrain Tune-Up



Dear Friends,

I'd like to share some news with you.  This past June I was experiencing some double vision...which led to an MRI scan and the finding of a tumor in my brain at the base of the skull, right next to the brain stem.  Some of you know my recent story, but many of you do not, so I want to take this time to personally share about my journey...

It has been a whirlwind few months, to say the least.  Through it all, God has been incredibly faithful and I have felt His peace and presence like never before.  Due to the tumor's very tricky location in the brain, I had to visit several leading neurosurgeons in the country.  Unfortunately, traditional brain surgery is far too risky, because of all the critical nerves that are surrounding the tumor.  (Miraculously, my hearing nerves and vocal chord nerves have been protected thus far- they are just millimeters away from touching the tumor!)

By God's providence and miraculous hand, I was led to the one surgeon in the country who is highly experienced and skilled in fully endoscopic brain surgery for this type of tumor and its location.  I actually found Dr. Shahinian through Bruce Marchiano- the director/producer of Alison's Choice! (Bruce has played the role of Jesus in several films- just a fun fact!) God has provided each step of the way, and I am truly amazed by His grace and goodness.

Not only am I blessed with this remarkable surgeon, whom I believe has the ability to safely remove the brain tumor with God's guiding hand, but I have also been blessed to be a member of a wonderful insurance alternative program- Christian Care Medishare.  This sharing ministry is covering the bulk of my medical bills, and they even pray with me during every single phone call!

Even though it looks like the major costs are covered, I still have mounting out-of-pocket medical expenses, plus travel expenses for surgery.  I will not be able to sing for 6 weeks after surgery, which makes it extra difficult during this time to cover the financial burden. If you would like to help and give toward my brain surgery fund, please visit:
www.youcaring.com/caitlinjanebrain

       My surgery date is DECEMBER 10, 2014. I covet your prayers! I have felt the deep SHALOM of Jesus during this time, and I anticipate the marvelous miracles He will do.

I will be sharing updates along the journey on my blog site. Thank you so much for all your support, prayers, and love!  To God be the glory in and through all of this!

Joyful, Joyful!  Always, Always!
Caitlin Jane